Research Tool Change Log
3.1.0 Beta - July 8, 2021
- Improvements have been made to the 'Contacts Module'
- Contacts for companies will now be updated more frequently.
- Contacts for companies previously not available will be added over the next few weeks.
- 'Download Excel' results for contacts for the 'Contacts Module' will now be filtered your filtered search.
- Fixed an issue with some fields not displaying properly in the 'Download Excel' file for company contacts as part of the 'Contacts Module'.
3.0.0 Beta - June 17, 2021
- A 'Go To LSD' button has been added. This allows the user to enter a specific LSD and the map will zoom to this location.
- The LSD / NTS grid has been added. Users will now see the grid lines for LSD / NTS when zoomed in.
- Updated display data for wells, pipelines, and facilities.
- Added a cleaner display for multiple wells and facilities located at the same location.
- Recategorized some of the facilities. This includes some of the disposal, underground storage and terminal station facilities.
- More speed! Additional site optimization has been completed. Users will notice an increase in loading speed when using the map tools
- Fixed issue with locations (LSD's) not being displayed for older facilities.
- Fixed issue with 'null' facility categories being displayed.
2.2.0 Beta - Nov 10, 2020
- An updated search bot has been launched for the Contacts Module! This means better accurate tracking and results. Location information has also been improved.
- A new search filter added to the Contacts Module. Users will now be able to search contacts by name, position, location, email, etc.
- Fixed an issue with a few facilities incorrectly being listed as 'pending' instead of 'active'.
2.1.0 Beta - Feb 5, 2020
- Contacts Module updated:
- Contact lists for more active companies will get monitored and updated more often.
- We have increased the number of search bots which allows us to update more companies at a time.
- Our improved system is now better at confirming which contacts work at a particular company and what position they hold at that company.
- Facility project tracking has been updated. We are now better able to track the status of facilities across Alberta.
2.0.0 Beta - Dec 18, 2019
- Oilgaspages Contacts Module has been launched for public testing!
- The Contacts Module automatically tracks contacts for Exploration, Midstream, and Engineering companies using public sources as well as community input.
- The Contacts Module features our Oilgaspages Search Bot which searches the internet and utilizes multiple sources to monitor and update contact information automatically.
- Our Oil & Gas community will also be able to help keep our system up-to-date by notifying us of any incorrect information. In the future we will be looking at rewarding those members who contribute to helping us keep our system up-to-date.
1.3.0 Beta - Dec 3, 2019
- We have implemented a new system for loading and displaying pipeline routes. This system will replace our previous utilization of Google Fusion Tables which are set to discontinue in December 2019.
1.2.8 Beta - Nov 26, 2019
- Fixed an issue with new Alberta facility data which was causing this data to not show up on the map. We have also implemented a new system to prevent this from happening in the future.
1.2.7 Beta - Oct 15, 2019
- New 'SAGD' filter added for Facility specific searches.
- New 'Sweet/Sour' filters added for Facility specific searches.
- New 'Sweet/Sour' filters added for Pipeline specific searches.
- The UWI is now displayed for wells.
- Fixed an issue with pipeline material data not showing properly.
- Fixed an issue with pipeline line number not showing properly.
1.2.6 Beta - Sept 25, 2019
- For pipeline searches, we have added a NEB filter. Users can filter out all non NEB pipelines.
- For wells, we now display surface casing depth if known.
- Implemented further optimization to improve loading data to the map.
- Under the Companies tab, the all time list of top companies based on total number of projects has been replaced with a list of top companies based on total projects over the past 5 years.
- Fixed an issue with pipelines line numbers not being displayed for Alberta pipelines.
- Fixed an issue with some older data being duplicated due to operators changing names.
1.2.5 Beta - July 22, 2019
- Additional field have been added for pipelines.
- We now display unmapped pipelines for Alberta. AER is missing shape files for these pipelines.
- Fix issues with latest pipeline data for AB and BC not being displayed.
- Fix issue with some Alberta pipeline routes which were not be displayed properly as they were provided in xy vs lat/lng.
1.2.4 Beta - May 31, 2019
- Coding improvements implemented which improve the performance of data loading when the user zooms in and out of the map.
- Fixed color coding for a handful of pipelines that weren't properly registering the proper colors.
1.2.3 Beta - April 9, 2019
- Revised status for facilities for better collation across provinces.
- Removed one click filtering for 'Engineering Companies'.
- Bottom hole locations are now listed for each well above ground well location.
1.2.2 Beta - March 25, 2019
- Improved loading speeds and overall performance. In some areas speeds have been improved by 10x. This is part of an ongoing program to continue to improve overall performance and speeds for the Research Tool.
- Minor bug associated with assigning Research Tool Licenses.
- Fixed a bug associated with BC pipeline data not displaying properly for long complete pipelines.
1.2.1 Beta - December 4, 2018
- Changed status classifications for BC facilities. Licenses that have been approved but not constructed will have their status correctly listed as "approved" vs previously listed "active" to match other provinces.
- Updated the frequency that BC facility data is updated each day. Allowing more up-to-the-minute information.
- Fixed parsing bug that caused an issue with facility data not being displayed for Alberta.
1.2.0 Beta - September 25, 2018
- Drawings and documents for pipelines, facilities, and wells are now available to our users (if available). These documents will be made available for an extended period of time for each project (up to a year or longer).
- Additional facility design information is now available for all types of facilities (if available).
- Users can see statistics on the Engineering/Consultant companies involved in any active or pending projects (if known). Users can see which Engineering/Consultant companies are active in any particular area.
- Area specific filters have been added. Users can now filter projects by province (Canada).
- Reporting table has been updated to be more user friendly.
- Download Excel of Report now includes Engineering/Consultant company in the downloaded file.
- Minor bugs addressed
- Minor performance improvements released
1.1.0 Beta - July 17, 2018
- Added 'View All Companies' report option under the 'Companies' tab. This allows users to view, print, and export the full list of companies that meet their search criteria.
- Users can now bookmark and share their searches. To share your search criteria, select your search filters & area and then copy and paste the URL to your selected location.
- Company name search reponse rate fixed.
- Fixed issues with custom date range.
- Fixes issues with filter button selection.
- Fixes issues with permissions.
- Updated description for access restrictions/limitations. Users will need to login to gain full access. Users must also have an upgraded account to access all reporting, filters, and statistics.
1.0.0 Beta - June 28, 2018
- Beta Version launch of Oilgaspages' Oil & Gas Research Tool (Canada)
- Wells, Pipelines, and Facility data for Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia (Canada).