Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users so that businesses, oil and gas industry professionals, and those that service the oil and gas industry can locate each other.
We collect information in two ways:
Information you give us as a client.
- Your name, home/business address, personal/business telephone numbers, fax numbers and e-mail address
- Copies of any contracts/agreements we enter into, including corporate information
- Information that you provide to us, such as, identities of your advisors and all other applicable feedback and personal information
- Credit card information and other financial information
- Verifying your identity in order to grant access to the Oilgaspages.com website
Information we acquire when you use our website services
We may collect information about how you use and view our website content and services. Information we may collect in this regard includes:
We may send cookies or other identifiers to your technology device when you visit an Oilgaspages.com website page to collect and store information.
Information that is stored
When you use our website and services or view material provided by Oilgaspages.com and its clients and users we may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This may include things not limited to the following: particulars of how you used our website services, such as your search history, your phone number, forwarding phone numbers, time and date of telephone calls, cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Oilgaspages.com account and other various applicable items.
Technology device information
We may collect information such as your hardware model, operating system version among other relevant types of technology device information
For example, in order to list your company you will need to sign up for an account.
When you sign up for an account you will need to provide personal information not limited to the following such as:
In order to protect information from various types of damage, we will use back-up systems where information may not be deleted.
How we use the information that we collect from you directly or indirectly
Oilgaspages.com uses the information we have collected from all of our services as mentioned above for various reasons and these include, but are not limited to the following:
- to maintain and improve our services and to invent new services
- to offer more relevant search results and ads, among other things
- sharing your personal information with your consent to those who would like to learn more about your business or services
- to allow us to review the services that we provide to you so that we may improve our service
- to enhance your user experience with our services from information collected by cookies and other technologies
- Oilgaspages.com may manage your personal information on a server located in various countries
How you can determine how information collected is used
We aim to be clear about what information we are collecting in order for you to determine how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review certain types of information associated to your Oilgaspages.com Account
- Retrieve information from our services
- Set your browser to not accept cookies but this may cause our website services to not perform optimally
Information that is shared by you
The purpose of our website is to share information with others so that oil and gas industry participants can locate each other. Our public website allows you to share your business and other types of information with other individuals and businesses and publicly shared information may be indexable by search engines.
When you contact Oilgaspages.com, we may keep a record of your correspondence to aid in rectifying any problems you may have. We may use your email address to inform you about any updates to our website.
Accessing and updating your personal information
As a client, when you use our services we will strive to provide you with access to your personal information so that you may update or delete it. However, if we have a valid reason such as a business or legal purpose to keep that information, we will do so.
When, why and with whom we may share your personal information
Our policy is that we don't share your personal information with anyone or any business outside of Oilgaspages.com unless we have your consent. In order to share any of your sensitive personal information, we will require opt-in consent for this.
If we need to adhere to any legal proceedings, laws, governmental requests or any other regulatory requests, we will share personal information to meet these requests and only if we believe this is reasonably necessary.
We will also only share information if there is a requirement to handle any fraud, resolve technical issues, and protect the safety of Oilgaspages.com or as permitted by law.
We may share identifiable information that is not personally identifiable publicly ie, advertisers or other websites. For example, we may share information publicly to show statistics on how many hits a certain website has received, among other things.
Oilgaspages.com restricts access to personal information to only those who require that information. This includes our employees, consultants, agents and other applicable advisors who have executed confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements. We will encrypt many of our services such as passwords, credit card information, among various other types of applicable information. In addition, we will also guard against unauthorized access to our website service systems.
Compliance and Complaints
Oilgaspages.com obeys the rules of all applicable self regulatory charters. If we receive a complaint, we will investigate the matter and interview all parties involved and will work towards a resolution. If any regulatory authorities are required to be involved to resolve a complaint, we will cooperate fully.